Monday, June 1, 2009

Triathon at Rigby Lake Reports

Wow! What a way to begin the season.

Today we want to share with you some of the comments and pictures from last Saturday's Triathlon at Rigby Lake.

“I am just so happy. I am so proud of myself. There were times when I wanted to quit but I didn’t. I am just so happy.”
Susan Smith - Layton, UT
"I thought it was a super day. Great venue, and a good community feel. The raffle was large and impressive. There were enough water stops for the running. The transition zone was spacious and I liked the separate entrance and exit. The run path around the lake was great."
Doug Connelly - Kelly, WY

"I had a blast and it was a first class event that went smoothly I'd say. Weather gods were on our side and the race went off without a hitch! Good job."
Chris Martin - Bozeman, MT

"What a great day to race. This was my third triathlon and I had a super day. The weather was perfect except maybe a little warm on the run. When I was tired there was always a volunteer to cheer me on and I won a great raffle prize."
John Barlow - Corvallis, OR

"This was my first triathlon and until the Friday night meeting I was pretty sure I might not finish, but everyone kept encouraging me. Saturday morning the volunteers helped me with all my questions and the race officials were really personable. My family came to watch me and they were impressed by how well I did. I think I am hooked."
Tom Senter - Carbondale, CO

"I am so excited. This is going to be fun!"
Shaylee Liddle (8 years old) - Idaho Falls, ID







"I can't believe it. I just can't believe it. I wasn't last."
Joyce Tyler - Tallahassee, Florida

"Over the last few months there were days when I wanted to quit training. To finish a triathlon seemed like an impossible goal. I had never been athletic in school and had just started running last year, but you guys said it was possible. Now I am a triathlete. It didn't matter that I wasn't first, or that I wasn't fast. Like you said, it mattered that I finished. Thank you!"
Heather Munson - Boise, ID

"When I thought I couldn't swim anymore, I never gave up. When I thought I couldn't bike anymore, I never gave up. When my legs said to stop I never gave up. Do you know what it like to not give up when everything physical about you wants to? I guess you do, that is why you believe in us."
Mary Jensen - Salt Lake City, UT

"It is two days later and I am still jazzed about finishing my first triathlon."
Marvin Benson - Lake Tahoe, CA







We could have reported on the details of the race but we thought these comments said a whole lot more.

Remember: Each day presents us with a variety of challenging situations. The difference between those who will find success in this life and those who will remain mired in a life of mediocrity is how they meet those challenges. Those with vision will see that every challenge comes with a promise. The key is to realize that each specific promise is directly linked to its corresponding challenge.
Your personal achievement will be a direct result of the challenges you are willing to accept. It has been said that an individual’s courage is not found in what they have overcome, but in the challenges they are now willing to face.

No comments:

Post a Comment